- Reduced price
- Reduced price
(€595.00 per Vessel)
Clean Hull Savings Calculator Software allows the operator to calculate systematically the impact of the increased hull roughness and assist in the decision making process.
Features of “CLEAN HULL SAVINGS CALCULATOR” software are as follows:
1. Clean Hull Savings Calculator® software allows the operator to calculate systematically the impact of the increased hull roughness and assist in the decision making process. The solver is based on ship-specific algorithms, which estimate the loss of speed and increase of power by interpreting the findings of underwater inspection. The software allows the operator to derive the relative gain ($/year) in deciding hull cleaning or new coating application based on underwater inspection.
2. Given that Underwater Measurements (Surface Roughness Meter) are not possible, it is essential to use Divers’ Report.
3. Provided the fact that there are no standards concerning divers’ reporting, the software provides support for customizing the divers’ reports wording to specific nominal impact and categories on roughness based on empirical findings. Empirical findings can be interpreted as result of several assessments of recent performance impact of important milestones (hull cleaning, painting etc.) so as to achieve the best possible matching between roughness values and divers’ reported findings. In that way, consistency and smooth incorporation of divers’ reports findings into the assessment process can be performed.
The model is based on a series of published data and assumptions including:
- Vessel fuel consumption and the effect of hull roughness
- How and why average hull roughness increases in service
- 10 year Hull Surface Condition Study (Telfer)
- Fuel penalty vs hull roughness calculation (Telfer)
Preparation time is five (5) working days after order and our receipt of all necessary technical data of the required Drawings Check-list.
NOTE: Due to heavy workload, above average preparation time expects to be exceeded. However, if this possible delay interferes with the normal operation of your vessel, please timely advise our company, so that we can take appropriate actions